- Changes have been made to ensure more clarity, uniformity, and transparency in approving the names for companies at the time of incorporation
- The ministry has brought in amendments to the Companies (incorporation) Rules, 2014
The corporate affairs ministry has amended the rules pertaining to incorporation of companies to provide more clarity and uniformity in choosing names for the companies, according to an official.
The ministry has brought in amendments to the Companies (lncorporation) Rules, 2014.
The move also comes against the backdrop of instances where applications by companies for registering their names have been rejected due to various reasons, including trademark issues and proposed names being too general.
The official said the changes have been made to ensure more clarity, uniformity, and transparency in approving the names for companies at the time of incorporation. He also noted that the rules have been updated so that there is clarity for people to apply as well as for officers to process the requests properly.
Among others, the ministry has now provided illustrations regarding the applicability of various names.
Easy Steps to Check Company Registration Status on MCA.
Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is a government portal containing details of all the companies incorporated in India.
Stakeholders are requested to ensure that the proposed name selected does not contain any word as prohibited in Section 4(2) & (3) of the Companies Act, 2013 read with Rule 8 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014.
Stakeholders are also requested to read and understand Rule 8 of the Companies (Incorporation) Rules, 2014 in respect of any proposed name before applying for the same.
Step 1: Go to the MCA website. www.mca.gov.in [Check Private Limited Company Name – Private Limited Company search]
Step 2: Scroll mouse on MCA Services Tab and click on “View Company Master Data“
Step 3: Click on the Search button
Step 4: Put the name of the Company / LLP Name, which you want to find.
Step 5: Now you find a list of Company / LLP Name, Click on the desired company which you want to show.
Step 6: Click on the submit button.
Step 7: Now you find the Master data of the Company / LLP Name.
Step by step process : [Check Private Limited Company Name – Private Limited Company search]
1. To access Master Company/LLP Data click “View Company/LLP Master Data” link; to view Index of Charges, click ‘View Index of Charges’; and to access signatory details, click on ‘View Signatory Details’ on the left-hand side of this page.
2. Enter the Company/LLP Name or CIN/LLPIN of the Company/LLP.
3. Click the Submit button in case CIN is entered.
4. In case CIN/LLPIN is not available Press the “Search” button after entering the first few characters in Company/LLP Name field.
5. List of companies/LLPs would appear. Select your company/LLP by clicking the ‘Select’ button.
6. CIN/LLPIN of the Company/LLP with Company/LLP Name shall be displayed on the screen.
7. Click the Submit button once CIN/LLPIN is displayed.
8. System shall display the required data.
9. To take a printout of the same, click on ‘Print’ button given on the page.
10. On clicking the same, the required data shall be displayed in a tabular form. Take the print out of the same.